- 2 recording LFP channels with patented FilterDBS sensing technology
- 1 week of memory capacity for biomarker trend and spectrogram (1 minutes and 10 minutes)
- Dual-core processors
- 16 current independent channels for DBS
- Rechargable device with 0V battery technology
- Impedance meter
- Upgradable Neural processing Firmware through RF channel
-CE mark for Parkinson's treatment using traditional DBS
Traditional deep brain stimulation devices deliver stimulation at a constant rate to targeted areas of the brain to help manage symptoms of Parkinson's patients.
These symptoms are dynamic and change over time, but traditionally systems continue to provide the same stimulation level. This can lead to overstimulation side effects or under-stimulation and worsening of symptoms. Fortunately, there is a better way.
The brain's neural activity produces tiny electrical signals (local field potentials or LFPs) that closely correlate with patient symptoms.
AlphaDBS can sense these tiny signals in the targeted areas are where the stimulation is needed. Then, AlphaDBS leverages its sensing capability to adapt the stimulation moment-by-moment to optimize that patient's clinical condition.
Patented close-loop algorithms for treating Parkinson's patients with the AlphaDBS system are undergoing clinical investigation.
Read the complete list of our clinical studies and findings.